Bill Gates has topped the Forbes 400 richest Americans list again in 2013 with an estimated net worth of $72 billion dollars. That’s a lot of zeroes. It is the twentieth year in a row that the Microsoft software billionaire has claimed the number one position in the United States. The Forbes business magazine has said that Bill Gates has also regained his title of the richest man in the world from the Mexican billion Carlos Slim Helu.
Warren Buffett is in his comfortable position of second richest American again. The Oracle of Omaha seems content with being number 2. The 82 year old has an estimated $58.5 billion this year, which is a massive $12.5 billion increase from last year. His Berkshire Hathaway company must be doing something right.
The Top 10 Richest Americans in 2013
- Bill Gates $72 billion - Microsoft software company
- Warren Buffet $58.5 billion – Berkshire Hathaway conglomerate company
- Larry Ellison $41 billion – Oracle software company
- Charles Koch $36 billion – Koch Industries diversified industrials
- David Koch $36 billion – Koch Industries diversified industrials
- Christy Walton – $35.4 billion – Wal Mart discount stores
- Jim Walton $33.8 billion – Wal-Mart discount stores
- Alice Walton $33.5 billion – Wal-Mart discount stores
- S. Robson Walton $33.3 billion – Wal-Mart discount stores
- Michael Bloomberg $31 billion – Bloomberg media company
This year the four hundred American billionaires had a combined wealth of $2.02 trillion dollars, that’s with a T!! The average wealth of the elite 400 club is an estimated $5 billion and you will need $1.3 billion to make the cut.
I don’t think I would like the responsibility of having $70 billion but I would like a few hundred million and a very anonymous profile. There are plenty of super-wealthy people in this world flying under the radar and I am not one of them.. not this year!