I thought I would start the wholesale news blog on a positive note with a list of motivational business quotes by famous business people, inspirational people, tech entrepreneurs and leaders from around the world. Please do share you favourite quotes in the comments and we might add them to the next business quotes post.
Most of them are about customers or products, but there’s a bit of everything in there
- Great ideas come from everywhere if you just listen and look for them. You never know who’s going to have a great idea.
Sam Walton – Walmart founder
- People are definitely a company’s greatest asset. It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.
Mary Kay Ash – Businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.
Jeff Bezos – Amazon.com founder and entrepreneur
- In the past a leader was a boss. Today’s leaders must be partners with their people.. they no longer can lead solely based on positional power.
Ken Blanchard – Author of The One Minute Manager book
- I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It’s done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer.
Richard Branson – British billionaire founder of the Virgin brand
- Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.
Warren Buffett – Billionaire investor and stock picker
- Your life right now is a reflection of your past thoughts. That includes all the great things, and all the things you consider not so great. Since you attract to you what you think about most, it is easy to see what your dominant thoughts have been on every subject of your life, because that is what you have experienced.
Rhonda Byrne – Australian author of The Secret
- Self-esteem is a huge piece of my work. You have to believe it’s possible and believe in yourself. Because after you’ve decided what you want, you have to believe it’s possible, and possible for you, not just for other people. Then you need to seek out models, mentors, and coaches.
Jack Canfield – Motivational speaker and author
- Dealing with people is probably the biggest problem you face, especially if you are in business. Yes, and that is also true if you are a housewife, architect or engineer.
Dale Carnegie – Motivational author of How to Win Friends and Influence People
- A visionary company doesn’t simply balance between idealism and profitability: it seeks to be highly idealistic and highly profitable. A visionary company doesn’t simply balance between preserving a tightly held core ideology and stimulating vigorous change and movement; it does both to an extreme.
Jim Collins – Business writer and strategist
- In business, one of the challenges is making sure that your product is the easiest to experience and complete a sale.
Mark Cuban – American billionaire businessman
- The only question to ask yourself is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve this success?
Larry Flynt – Magazine publisher and free speech activist
- A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one.
Henry Ford – Inspirational businessman and founder of the Ford Motor company
- I think it’s fair to say that personal computers have become the most empowering tool we’ve ever created. They’re tools of communication, they’re tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user.
Bill Gates - Microsoft founder and one of the richest men in the world
- Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich author
- The strong live and the weak die. There is some bloodshed, and out of it emerges a much leaner industry, which tends to survive.
Ratan Tata – Indian Businessman of the Tata Group
- Poverty is restriction and as such, it is the greatest injustice you can perpetrate upon yourself.
Stuart Wilde – Motivational author
Here’s some Inspirational Management and Leadership quotes too.