How fast did 2013 fly by?! I can’t say it was the best year for me financially, personally or physically, so I’m looking forward to 2014 coming around. I’m going to make a plan and work the plan well. My new year’s resolutions this year will not be something I think about at the start of the year and forget about by February! They’ll remain on my work desk and be reviewed daily or weekly, depending on the goal. I wont bore you with the detailed plan that I have spent most of a day working on, but I’ll share a few of the main goals I’ll be working towards achieving in 2014. Have you reviewed your year yet?
Some of my New Year’s Resolutions
- Focus on Health – It’s hard to be successful if you’re not as healthy as you can be and I’m NOT!. Now that I have a dog I plan to be doing a whole lot more walking and exercise. I’m also going to drink more water and less coffee!
- Work to a Schedule – Working at home for yourself can be a struggle if you’re not very disciplined. I’m afraid I’m easily distracted and often spend hours browsing the internet, watching movies, or reading when I should be working. I have been trying to work to the clock, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Focus Business – I plan to focus 80% of my time on the 20% of the most profitable areas of my business. This could mean selling domain names and/or websites that are not very profitable.
- Social Media – I have been ignoring social media lately. A lot of people spend a lot of time on facebook, twitter and other social media properties.. far too many potential customers to ignore.
- Less Time Asking Questions – This is a big one for me. I spend a lot of time reading and learning about world events, finance, politics and the system that controls us. I ask way too many questions and spend way too much time researching what is happening in the world. All these hours of research eat into my work time and my business has suffered because of it. So I plan to ask fewer questions.
- More Me Time – I need to stop and smell the roses more. After losing my father recently it has forced me to step back and ask myself what I really want from life, what is important, what isn’t.
My plans are really quite detailed and I have timelines and specific actions to take in order to achieve my goals, so this is an action plan for me, not a wish list that might magically appear if I pray hard enough.
What do your new years resolutions look like? How was business in 2013?
Good luck and happy new year!