I’m no longer managing other people personally, but managing yourself can still be challenging. I’m so easily distracted and I don’t stick to my own deadlines to complete tasks, so I’m probably better at managing other people than I am at managing myself! I’m not complaining though as I really do enjoy being my own boss and my only employee to look after and manage.
Here’s some great management quotes by inspirational business leaders who probably had more than themselves to manage
- People are definitely a company’s greatest asset. It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.
Mary Kay Ash – Mary Kay Cosmetics founder
- Regardless of how well a studio is run, it’s only as good as the product it produces.
Vince McMahon – World Wrestling Entertainment company
- If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, the general is to blame. But if his orders are clear, and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.
Sun Tzu – Chinese Strategist
- When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.
Warren Buffett – Billionaire Investment guru
- People who don’t take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year.
Peter F. Drucker – Management Strategist
- The people who are doing the work are the moving force behind the Macintosh. My job is to create a space for them, to clear out the rest of the organization and keep it at bay.
Steve Jobs – Apple
- Our mission statement about treating people with respect and dignity is not just words but a creed we live by every day. You can’t expect your employees to exceed the expectations of your customers if you don’t exceed the employees’ expectations of management.
Howard Schultz – Starbucks coffee
- Practice Golden-Rule 1 of Management in everything you do. Manage others the way you would like to be managed.
Brian Tracy – Motivational Speaker
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.
Sam Walton – Walmart Founder
- At Facebook, we try to be a strengths-based organization, which means we try to make jobs fit around people rather than make people fit around jobs. We focus on what people’s natural strengths are and spend our management time trying to find ways for them to use those strengths every day.
Sheryl Sandberg – Facebook
Here’s some more Motivational Business Quotes from an earlier post.